About the Role
As the Director of Innovation Design, you will be leading one of icon’s core competencies: envisioning, designing, and building the next generation of impactful digital product and service experiences.
With your knowledge and expertise, you will serve as a leading creative force internally and externally, both overseeing client relations and making decisive contribution to icon impact’s future orientation, helping us grow and pioneer new solutions and offerings for our clients.Are you a creator? Are you passionate about Innovation and Experience Design – and have great leadership skills? Have you always wanted to make a difference in a company’s success? This is your chance! Apply now and join our Santa Monica office as our Sr Director of Innovation Design!
We’re looking for a progressive and ambitious creative leader with experience in designing stunning, successful and holistic digital product and service experiences across all industries. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of innovation practice, multiple design disciplines, and strong relational and communicative skills. We’re looking for an inspiring, passionate creative leader with exceptional skills in designing stunning, successful and holistic digital product experiences, and leadership experience in the innovation space. Besides that, the ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of design, user experience and innovation, strong account growing and business development skills.
• Lead our holistic innovation design practice for icon impact USA
• Provide design leadership for all our clients with highest quality design recommendations and executions, from ideation to final delivery
• Visualize early concepts and ideas to showcase potential future solutions across all touchpoints, applying your experience across different industries
• Be a great storyteller designing awesome pitch decks and presentations
• Have a hands-on attitude, get it done and wow us and our clients with your passionate ideas and design solutions – able to balance pragmatism with obsession
• Think and act outside the box! We’re looking for the “never before seen”
• Be comfortable and enjoy trying out new tools, methods and approaches… enjoy thinking about What if!?
• Contribute to creating new types of innovation offerings for our clients
• Foster an internal culture that attracts and produces next gen innovation makers and creators
• Manage multiple clients and projects including day day-to-day responsibilities of accounts from an innovation design perspective
• 10+ years professional experience as an Experience Designer building, prototyping, and continually evolving digital products from ideation to implementation in an innovation consultancy, creative agency or digital design studio.
• Proven expertise - a mix of UI and UX skill sets
• Strong expertise in visual design and communications design, creating and working in design systems for all kinds of digital touchpoints
• Experience leading digital projects from conception to delivery
• Deep understanding of the latest design, emerging technologies (web3, AR, VR…) and business trends to apply in digital transformation and digital product innovation
• Proven skills in managing high profile clients and developing strong client relationships at an executive or C-level
• Experience in setting up and leading international projects and cross- functional teams
• Strong experience in leading, growing and challenging the team / change management
• Exceptional visual, written and verbal communications skills
• Views challenges as opportunities
• An entrepreneurial spirit, flexible and quick to grasp new topics and strong willingness to drive real innovation. Thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes unpredictable environment, appreciate the uncertainty as opportunity to make an impact.
• Strong curiosity for digital and technological trends across industries and society
• Dedicated to creating a culture of pioneering spirit, creativity, quality and excellence
• Organized with an eye for detail
At icon group we disrupt markets by redefining the established and creating the new. We enable smart interactions at home and beyond, creating experiences for today and tomorrow. And while experiences are what we provide, design is at the heart of what we do, fueled by our curiosity and the desire to deliver the best possible results. Our creative thinking is end to end, starting with insightful strategies and ideation that informs customer experience design. In parallel we validate technical feasibility and develop software and hardware prototypes. Our efforts are punctuated with future showcases or industrialized products at scale.
Our US Headquarters is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA, but we remain close to our sister studios in Detroit, Berlin, and Shanghai. Our diverse team is made up of scrappy, passionate innovators who believe that user experience is just as much about joy as it is about ease. We are creators with an unquenchable curiosity and drive to turn business challenges into success stories. Our team is united in the company’s mission and engaged in its success. iconmobile believes in helping its employees thrive in their journeys as disruptors and groundbreakers.
Culture & Benefits
Continuous development is a key component of innovation and since our people are our greatest strength, we know how important it is to provide development opportunities. Additionally, with so much diversity in the work we do, it’s nearly impossible not to learn something new every day - whatever your role.
Everything we do at iconmobile aims to support our employees in their pursuits in and out of the office. With flexible working hours, ambitious and bright colleagues and an innovative international environment with diverse employees from every corner of the globe, we allow our employees the chance to define their own authentic work-life balance, challenge imaginations and help us stay innovative and forward thinking. As we work hard and we strive for excellence, we also do our best to make our employees feel happy – therefore we provide access to a host of discounts and deals for shopping and services and offer lots of company events and parties and competitive industry salaries.
Equal opportunities at icon:
Icon Impact is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We support non-discriminatory, equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, Veteran status, or any other protected characteristic outlined by federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, benefits, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Hiring decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.